You can find several print on demand services today, and understandably, it can be confusing which one to work with for your business. Most will claim they’re the best in the industry. Today, let’s take a look at Print Aura and whether it’s the best print on demand service for you.
Table of Contents
- What Is Print Aura?
- How to Get Started With Print Aura
- Print Aura Features
- What Products Do Print Aura Offer?
- How Is Print Aura’s Print Quality?
- How Does Print Aura Shipping Work?
- Print Aura Pricing
- Print Aura Integrations
- Does Print Aura Provide Customer Support?
- Print Aura vs Printful
- Print Aura vs Printify
- Print Aura FAQs
- Print Aura Review Summary
What Is Print Aura?
Print Aura is a white-label dropshipping company that provides print on demand services. It was founded in 2012. You can design and customize products and sell them using your brand. Its specialization is custom shirts, but it also offers a wide range of other products, such as drinkware and phone cases.
How to Get Started With Print Aura
STEP 1: Create your free Print Aura account.
STEP 2: Choose a store where you want to sell your products. You can choose between WooCommerce, Etsy, Shopify, Opencart, and Storenvy. If you don’t have an account with any of these, signup for one first.
STEP 3: Choose your products. Pick among Print Aura’s offerings, the products you wish you to sell, from shirts to mugs to pillows. You can choose only one niche that you can focus on, or a couple of product types to offer more variety. (Check out our list of what you can print on demand here).
STEP 4: Create your designs. Check out Print Aura’s image guideline to ensure the quality when they’re printed on products. Poor quality designs will not turn out good on the final product.
STEP 5: Upload your images on Print Aura’s dashboard and create mockups using its generator tool. Mockups will help you see what your designs will look like when printed on actual products.
STEP 6: Upload products to your store.
STEP 7: Complete your brand settings, including return labels and custom packing slips.
STEP 8: When orders come in, Print Aura will fulfill them for you.
Print Aura Features
When considering a print on demand service to work with for your business, you need to consider its features. Check if it has everything that you need to help you with your online store. It’s a bonus if the service has value-added features.
Let’s take a look at what Print Aura has to offer:
Mockup tool is one of the things we love most about print on demand services. Luckily, Print Aura has one too! This is where you can customize the products you want to sell, choose the colors, and add texts. Once you’re satisfied with the product design, you can generate the mockup. You can also add it straight to your cart if you want to order a sample.
When you start a business, you’d want to build a name for yourself. You want to establish your brand and be known. That’s where Print Aura’s custom branding services come beneficial. Since it’s a white label company, you can sell its products using your branding. Your customers wouldn’t know that your products are made by Print Aura unless you tell them so.
With Print Aura, you can customize the packing slips and shipping labels to use your branding. Do you know what’s even better? There’s no additional charge for this. Meanwhile, you can also customize neck labels, use hangtags, choose individual bagging, and use stickers for a fee.
Worried that you might not be a techy designer just yet? Well, what we like about Print Aura is that it has created lots of pre-made templates that you can use to make designs faster and easier. From phone cases for different models to drinkware to hats and posters, you have the guide for designing your products. It also helps you avoid design mistakes that could otherwise lead to poor product quality.
What Products Do Print Aura Offer?
Print Aura may have been known for t-shirt printing, but its product offerings have expanded since then. Today, it offers a wide range of products, so whatever you want to start selling first, you have plenty of choices.
Print Aura fulfills the following products:
- Tank tops
- Phone cases
- Wall art
How Is Print Aura’s Print Quality?
Print Aura prints products in full color. It uses Direct-to-Garment (DTG) printing technology, which means that the design is printed directly to the fabric of the garment.
Print Aura receives good feedback when it comes to the print quality of the products. Based on feedback via their Shopify App and Trust Pilot, Print Aura clients also said they like the variety of colors and options, and their customers like the products they received. When compared with other top print on demand services, such as Printful, you can’t distinguish which one is made by which printer since they’re both high-quality.
Another thing we like about Print Aura is that it provides a quality guarantee. If there’s anything wrong with the printing and manufacturing, it promises to pay to replace the defective product.
How Does Print Aura Shipping Work?
Whether you’re focusing on a local market in the United States or tapping into customers all over the world, Print Aura can ship your products. The shipping fee starts at $5.50 for the first item. Additional items mean additional shipping costs.
Print Aura’s turnaround time is between 3 and 5 days for domestic orders, which is the same as most print on demand services. If you want a faster delivery time, you may choose the 1 to 2-day shipping for an extra $2 charge per item. International shipping, however, takes longer, between 5 and 12 days. Check Print Aura’s shipping rates chart for more details.
It’s good that Print Aura provides tracking information on products shipped, so you’ll know where the package is. Unfortunately, the POD company won’t take any responsibility for product loss or custom delays. Well, that’s the case with other services too.
Print Aura Pricing
Knowing the cost of producing a product is crucial so that you can determine how much you’re going to charge your customers. Understandably, that’s quite challenging to figure out on your own. Here’s where Print Aura’s pricing tool comes in handy.
In the pricing tool, you can choose the product you want to sell, select a product color, indicate how many printed sides you want (front and back), and select any additional branding options you want.
The default price for a t-shirt is $10.25. That’s for sizes XL and smaller and up to 12”x16” full print size. Note, however, that the shipping fee is not yet included in the price estimates using the tool. So, you need to check Print Aura’s shipping rates chart too when you calculate your price margin.
You can set whatever price margin you want, considering other factors that go into running your eCommerce business.
Print Aura Integrations
You can integrate Print Aura with the eCommerce platform you use if it’s one of the following:
Creating a Print Aura account is completely free—no monthly subscriptions, no signup fees. What you’ll have to spend on is the eCommerce store you’ll use. For instance, joining Etsy is free, but you’ll have fees to pay for the listing, payment processing, and transactions. Then, after 30 days, you’ll have to pay a $15 monthly subscription fee.
Does Print Aura Provide Customer Support?
Print Aura provides customer support to sellers, but as a merchant, you’re responsible for the end buyer support. Print Aura has listed its phone number on its website, but it encourages sellers to use its contact form instead for more efficient customer support. If you send your questions during its business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. EST, Print Aura promises to get back to you on the same day. On the contrary, other POD service providers have 24/7 support, which includes live chat and phone calls.
However, Print Aura has gotten mixed reviews when it comes to its ability to provide support to sellers. Some say they haven’t heard back from the company while others like how a representative has helped solve their concerns. With the pandemic considered, it’s understandable to experience some delays in responses. However, if this continues, it can deter sellers from doing business with Print Aura. Some disappointed customers dropped Print Aura despite the quality of its products because of poor customer service experience.
Returns and Exchanges
What if something went wrong with the product sent to your customer? Will Print Aura take responsibility? That depends on the type of defects.
If the error is a mistake on Print Aura’s part, it promises to replace the item if it’s been sold in the last 30 days. Here are some cases that make you eligible for product replacement:
- There’s a hole, stain, rip, and other manufacturing defects on the product
- The print on the product is obviously off-center
- The printed design was incorrect
- The color, size, or garment was incorrect
How can you request a replacement?
- Take a picture of the product to prove that there’s an error.
- Send an email to Print Aura’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line format: Order # [order number] Replacement Request.
- Attach the photo as proof, along with the detailed description of the mistake and the order number.
- Expect a response from the support team in 1 to 2 business days.
Meanwhile, mistakes can also happen on your end or the customer’s. In that case, Print Aura won’t take responsibility and replace your item for free. It will be up to you to find a solution for your customer. You can issue a refund or order a replacement, which you’ll have to pay yourself.
When are you or your customer responsible for the error in orders? Here some cases:
- The customer ordered the wrong size of the product
- The customer wasn’t satisfied with the fit of the product
- Your design has low resolution, incorrect color profiles, invisible pixels, or incorrect size
- You or your customer provided an incorrect address
In case of an error in the address, the returned package to Print Aura can be shipped again to your customer, but you or your customer will have to pay another shipping fee.
Print Aura vs Printful
Printful is one of the leading print on demand services, and you’ve probably heard more about it than Print Aura. Here’s how they compare:
- Both services are free to use: no signup fees or monthly subscription. You only pay for the fulfillment of products and shipping.
- Both use DTG technology, which is why the quality of their products is quite the same.
- Printful can be integrated with 22 eCommerce platforms.
- Print Aura’s products are American-made, while Printful has fulfillment centers in other parts of the world, such as Australia, Canada, Latvia, Japan, and Spain.
- Both offer brand customization, but Print Aura charges lower fees compared to Printful.
- Both have mockup generators, but Printful has a better interface.
- Printful offers warehousing services, so you can build an inventory if you want to.
- Printful’s shipping fees are more straightforward than Print Aura. It has flat shipping fees and live shipping rates.
- Print Aura’s products tend to be cheaper than Printful.
- Print Aura’s website needs an upgrade for a better interface.
We have a Printful review here if you want to learn more about the POD service.
Print Aura vs Printify
Printify is another popular print on demand service provider you’ll often encounter along with Printful. How does Print Aura compare to it?
- Print Aura is completely free while Printify also offers paid subscription options in addition to a free account.
- Print Aura prints its products in its fulfillment center in New York while Printify works with several printers in various locations.
- Print Aura’s shipping fees are less complicated than Printify, which has varying shipping rates because it works with different printing partners.
- Both offer custom branding, but Printify doesn’t charge you additional fees.
- Their prices are quite similar.
- Printify has more eCommerce integration options than Print Aura.
- Printify’s customer support is 24/7.
- Printify has a better website design and interface.
Print Aura FAQs
Where is Print Aura Located?
Print Aura is based in Yorkville, New York.
How Much Does DTG Printing Cost?
A typical men’s white t-shirt with full-color front print costs $10.25 with Print Aura. Then, you’ll just have to add the margin that you want, which will be your profit.
Is DTG Printing Profitable?
Yes, DTG printing is profitable. If a t-shirt costs $10 to produce, you can sell it for $20, so you’ll have a profit of $10. Sell 100 shirts and you’ll earn $1,000.
Is DTG Printing Good Quality?
Yes. DTG allows you to print detailed designs straight into the fabric of the apparel. That includes photographs and other designs with a wide spectrum of colors.
Print Aura Review Summary
In general, Print Aura is a good place to start your eCommerce business. However, with mixed reviews recently, you may want to give it a try first and order samples before you launch the products on your eCommerce store.
Print Aura Pros
- Base costs of products are generally cheaper than other popular print on demand services
- They are American-made products, which many customers prefer
- It produces full-color, high-quality prints
- It has a wide range of product choices
- It has a handy pricing tool
- No subscription fees
- It has a handy mockup generator tool
- It provides shipment tracking
- It’s easy to integrate with other platforms
- It has pre-made design templates
Print Aura Cons
- Its website needs a redesign and a better user interface
- Customer support is limited to regular business hours
- It has a limited list of eCommerce platform integrations
- Sellers haven’t been satisfied with customer support lately
Try Print Aura today and get started with your print on demand business.