What is a price tracker and how does it work?
If you frequent Amazon to buy some stuff, knowing when the prices drop on the products you want is important. One thing you should consider in your purchase decision is that you are getting the best value out of that item, not the other way around.
Knowing the history of a product’s price and getting notified of price drops may seem complex for the majority of regular shoppers to figure out— but now, price trackers can instantly crunch those types of information in your stead so you can make the right call whether to bag the deal now or wait some more time before reaching a decision.
Table of Contents
What similar features do Camelcamelcamel and Keepa share?
Even though Amazon exclusively does not offer a price tracking functionality to their services yet. It would be best to consider using third-party systems adept with price tracking services.
Keepa and Camelcamelcamel, either on their website or in the background of your browser, can load several discounts and price drops that match accordingly with over a million products in the Amazon database,
Courtesy of the discounts and real-time price alerts, both remain to be known for excelling in parsing and tracking product information. And depending on how you configure the price watch and alerts, it will make it so that users will remain aware when a product on their tracklist is the cheapest or dipped enough near or exactly their targeted price.
CamelCamelCamel and Keepa aggregate an item’s current and historical price history data interpreted in plot points detailed in history graphs and interactive charts for easy understanding. Furthermore, there is also an option to track products in marketplaces spread all over the world to get wind of where you’ll get the most significant price drops for a product.
What are the differences between Camelcamelcamel and Keepa?
While people can draw similarities from both their features, but for various reasons that put one over the other, some shoppers would prefer to use Camelcamelcamel. And others are keen to stay with Keepa. Both are great in their own right, but to settle the long-standing question of which has more accurate data, offers real-time sales reports, and which one can give the fastest information rollout. Let’s dig a little deeper into Camelcamelcamel vs. Keepa and settle to see which tool best suits your needs
For a user-friendly Amazon price tracking experience, you can’t go wrong with Camelcamelcamel. The site can monitor the prices of about 6 million Amazon products, directly import Amazon wishlists, and track those products with alerts, all for the cost of nothing!
Let’s dive into the best and worst parts of the Camelcamelcamel experience.
- Easily monitor Amazon product prices and get the best price quota alerts all in one place.
- All the features you need are laid out in a clean-cut way. In that way, you can easily use features when you launch the site.
- You can utilize all of Camelcamelcamel’s features free of charge.
- Create watches that’ll alert you when a product you’re watching has its price drop
- In addition, Camelcamelcamel recently introduced the import feature that allows users to create new or import their existing wishlist directly from Amazon.
- Less of user features, and even if the web design is compact, others find it hard to mesh in the written data because of the site’s barebone format.
- Limited interactivity when viewing a product’s history graph.
- Unused tokens expire within an hour of purchase.
- An alert mismatch between many products may occasionally happen due to the large inventory of Amazon products populated in one go.
- It does not display shipping cost
Keepa, a European-based company, provides a suite of tools with their in-site and extension version. Users are given access to Amazon price histories from over 2 billion Amazon products, alerts, and import and export of their wishlists. More than half of their features are free to use, and the rest are available upon paying up for the subscription.
Make sure to carry on reading, as we’ll be explaining both the pros and cons of using Camelcamelcamel.
- One-click price and listing population by installing the Keepa browser extension
- The software provides price history metrics “Keepa Graph” customizable for better inspection of price velocity.
- It has a comprehensive management interface to keep an organized record of the products you’re tracking.
- Users can access their personalized Keepa dashboard consisting of important shopping metrics.
- User authority over import and export of Amazon generated or personally created product wishlists.
- You need to subscribe to their monthly subscription of €19 to use all their advanced features without limitation.
- Users experience slow site responsiveness from time to time.
- Deals may sometimes not work.
Which one should you use for your shopping needs?
After comparing these two price tracking software, it was indeed a fact they give users precise real-time figures for better purchasing insights and interactive representations of data. However, suppose you’re someone who likes simplicity, straightforward results, and a free-to-use without any commitments. In that case, you’ll truly appreciate Camelcamelcamel economical UI design language, product-specific searching, browsing deals, charts, alerts, and automatic calculation of price differences. Although features don’t get the same complexity and the interface format can be a bit barebone compared to Keepa. Still, a customer’s intention of using a price tracker is to see price drops, discounts, and product deals, so, at the very least, Camelcamelcamel meets the needs of those casual shoppers in a much simpler manner.
On the other hand, Keepa has a steady cross-compatibility with many devices that makes it all the more accessible for shoppers on the go. If you’re looking to step into the granular level of Amazon product pricing, Keepa is the right choice. You can access other features with the free version. However, there are imposed quotas and some limitations with its API feature that can easily be overlooked because, then again, those details are helpful for sellers rather than regular shoppers. Still, it has major advantages, especially for dedicated buyers of Amazon with the likes of digestible charts, graphs, and tables and a clean appearance that most users love about Keepa. But as you go along testing other features (paid subscription ones), it gets increasingly difficult to assess and piece together all the data properly.
All in all, Keepa has way more pros than cons. But for a price of none, Camelcamelcamel unexpectedly does a great job in tracking prices and discounts.
On whichever software you choose at the end of the day, you can be sure never to miss another huge price drop and interesting item deals while using their service.
Still not convinced? Try them out now for free and see which would be the best pick between them!