When running a small eCommerce business, you want to stay low on cost, whether building your eCommerce store or migrating it to a new platform. One of the biggest struggles eCommerce merchants face over the years is modifying their online store or shifting it to a new platform. No one wants to install extensive site customizations. While with other site builder tools, you have to rely on a single platform to power your store, Ecwid proved to be revolutionary. With Ecwid Login, you can sell your eCommerce products on different platforms without creating a new website. Excited to know how? Let’s begin.
Table of Contents
- What Is Ecwid?
- Sell with Ecwid on Social Media
- Sell with Ecwid on eBay and Amazon
- Sell on Ecwid Store with Printful
- Sell on Ecwid Store with Spocket
- How to Import and Export your Ecwid Product Data?
- Dropshipping with Ecwid
- Ecwid Pros and Cons
- Ecwid Reviews: Main Features
- Ecwid Review: Pricing
- Final Thoughts
What Is Ecwid?
Ecwid stands for “eCommerce Widget for those who don’t know.” It is a revolutionary eCommerce tool to build your online store with a few lines of code. Ecwid seamlessly integrates with many platforms, social media, and marketplaces. It lets you sell your products there without rebuilding your entire site on that platform.
Basically, Ecwid Login allows you to add an online store to any existing website. You can connect to content management platforms and social platforms to promote and sell your products. Some of the famous supported platforms are:
You can use and manage different platforms from one easy-to-use admin Ecwid login. Ecwid gives you a few lines of HTML code to add to your existing online store or social media profile. Now, Wherever you insert this code, your store will be displayed on that platform. This way, you can mirror your store anywhere without any migration or rebuilding.
Sell with Ecwid on Social Media
It is crucial for eCommerce brands to sell and promote their products on social media platforms. This is because the mass of their targeted audience is present over there. Ecwid allows businesses of all sizes to list and sell their products on these famous platforms. Let’s see how.
1) Facebook: To sell your products on Facebook, You have to showcase your products in the Shop tab.
- For that, first, upload your product catalog from Ecwid to your Facebook Business Page.
- For catalog import from Ecwid to Facebook, opt for Ecwid Business or Unlimited Plan.
- After buying the plan, head to the Ecwid Control Panel and click on “All Sales Channel.”
- Choose “Facebook” to add as a profile to your Ecwid account. All your products will be shown on your Facebook Page.
2) Instagram: Like Facebook, Instagram also has a Shop feature. You can list, promote and sell your products there. To be eligible for Instagram Shop, you must have an Instagram Business Profile. Also, you must be located in an approved country. Once you qualify, you need an Ecwid Business or Unlimited plan to import your products to Instagram shops. Follow these steps for the same:
- Go to the Ecwid account and use the integration option “Sell on Facebook” to bulk sync your products.
- Now head to the Ecwid Control Panel and click on “All Sales Channel.”
- Under the Instagram section of “All Sales Channel,” you can set up your Instagram account. It will showcase your products on the Instagram Store. You also have to authenticate your Facebook account for the same.
3) Pinterest: It is another popular channel to sell your products online. But Ecwid doesn’t offer the same integration for Pinterest as it does for Facebook and Instagram. To integrate your Ecwid store with the Pinterest account, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your Pinterest account and head to the “Ads” section under the “Conversions” tab.
- Click on the “Create your Pinterest Tag” option and copy your tag.
- Now open your Ecwid account and paste this unique tag id to your Ecwid store page.
4) Snapchat: It is a good platform if your products belong to the millennial generation. You can integrate Snapchat’s own Pixel to Ecwid. To increase your sales on Snapchat, you can use filters and pictures. To create your Snapchat Pixel, follow these steps:
- Head to the Snapchat ads manager and click on the Snap Pixel under the Manage section.
- From here, create your Snapchat pixel and copy its ID.
- Now head to your Ecwid Account Settings > General > Tracking and paste your Snap Pixe ID there. This will let you track your sales coming from Snapchat.
Sell with Ecwid on eBay and Amazon
Along with selling and tracking conversions of your store’s products on social media channels, Ecwid lets you sell on other marketplaces. These established marketplaces include Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, etc.
You don’t need third-party services to sell your products on these marketplaces through Ecwid. Here is a step-by-step guide to connecting your Ecwid account with these marketplaces.
Steps to Sell with Ecwid on Amazon Marketplace:
Use Ecwid’s “All Sales Channel” option to sell your store’s product on Amazon Marketplace. Under the All Sales Channel option, choose the Amazon marketplace. Then follow the instructions suggested by the widget. All you need to sell your products on Amazon Marketplace with Ecwid are:
- An Amazon seller account. If you don’t have one, register for it. After registration, configure taxes and set your return and exchange policy. Check shipping charges, and list your products over there.
- After listing, your products will go for approval. Once approved, the products appear under Amazon Marketplace.
Steps to Sell with Ecwid on eBay:
Selling on eBay with Ecwid is pretty simple and easy. You can use Ecwid to add your store and sell your products on various marketplaces. These platforms include Google Shopping as well. To sell your store’s products through Ecwid on eBay, follow these steps:
- If you are an Ecwid merchant, go for the Trimpo or Codisto.LINQ apps to connect eBay marketplace to Ecwid.
- Once integrated, push your products automatically from the store to the eBay marketplace. You can also update inventory and track sales & conversions.
Sell on Ecwid Store with Printful
As we all know, Printful is a reliable on-demand dropshipping app. It is used by designers, artists, and merchants to sell branded merchandise. By integrating with Printful, you can dropship their products in your store. Follow these steps to sell on your Ecwid store with Printful:
- Ecwid has ready integration with apps like Printful to connect your store. All you need is to install the Printful app from the Ecwid app store.
- After installation, you can choose the range of products you want to dropship on your Ecwid store.
- Apply graphics to your chosen products and set a price on top of the Printful margin. Once done, publish the products to your Ecwid store.
- Whenever an order comes, Printful gets automatically notified. It will prepare, pack and ship the product to customers on your behalf.
Sell on Ecwid Store with Spocket
Spocket is a renowned dropshipping platform like Printful. It helps you connect with suppliers based in the US and EU to grow your inventory. Ecwid app store includes Spocket app to sell its product on Ecwid store.
SPocket paid plans to start with $99/month, depending on how large your catalog is. Once downloaded the Spocket app, you can sell its product on your Ecwid store via these steps:
- After installation, your Spocket account gets created automatically. Now, you can import products from various suppliers related to your niche.
- You can narrow your searches by filtering top suppliers, item costs, best sellers, etc.
- Spocket recommends the retail price and the price it charges for every item, including shipping.
- You can edit products’ information and retail price before importing them from Spocket.
- Once published on your Ecwid store, customers can see those products and buy,
- When a customer places an order in your store, you have to click the Checkout button in the Spocket app. After that, Spocket will process your order and send the tracking code to your store. It also automatically marks the order as shipped for your records.
How to Import and Export your Ecwid Product Data?
It is pretty straightforward to import and export product data in a CSV file in Ecwid. The tool allows you to export and import data in bulk in CSV of up to 25 columns. These columns include different attributes like SKU, URLs, Product Variants, etc.
To import and export your Ecwid Product data, follow these steps:
- Go to the Ecwid Admin Panel. Under the Catalog section, click on the Products tab.
- Click on the “Export” or “Import” button and choose filters to select the relevant columns you need.
In a similar way, Ecwid allows you to export order details and customer data as well. In that case, you have to click on the Customers tab or Order tab under the admin panel to perform import or export.
Dropshipping with Ecwid
Ecwid is designed for various business opportunities. With its functionalities, you can plan dropshipping as well. Many popular dropshipping apps are available on the Ecwid Marketplace. Some of them are Printful, Spocket, Wholesale2B, etc.
You can choose any one of them that goes right with your business to add hundreds of products from there to your Ecwid store.
All these dropshipping apps on the Ecwid Marketplace are 100% reliable and well-reputed. Through these apps, you can:
- Set up your store,
- Import and Export products,
- Manage order pricing,
- Communicate with suppliers, and
- Track order fulfillment with ease.
Ecwid Pros and Cons
- Ecwid offers a Free Trial plan with pretty decent features for those who want to explore the tool.
- Ecwid offers various plugins in its app store. You can integrate multiple marketplaces, social media channels, and other platforms using them.
- The starter pack is available for merchants who don’t own a website.
- All the price plans are affordable as compared to other alternatives.
- Let you set up a multi-language online store.
- Ecwid app store has plenty of helpful eCommerce and dropshipping applications.
- Let you add your eCommerce products to any platform quickly and easily.
- It supports GDPR compliances. Taxes automatically apply, so you don’t have to add VAT or GST manually.
- Various plugins connect Ecwid with various content management tools like WordPress, Blogger, etc.
- All Plans include Real-Time Carrier Quote functionality.
- It offers POS functionality for the supplementary offline store.
- Ecwid Store Designs and UI are pretty responsive.
- It provides an “Instant Sites” option for those who need a quick website with limited features.
- The free plan doesn’t let you use product variants and SEO capabilities.
- Ecwid doesn’t let you create AMP versions of Product Pages.
- Telephonic support is available only in higher-paid plans.
- Editing Products’ URLs for SEO purposes is not possible in the tool.
- Mobile POS integration is compatible with iOS devices only.
- SEO features have a scope of improvement.
Ecwid Reviews: Main Features
Ecwid is a reliable and known SAAS solution. It offers seamless integration of your online store with various marketplaces. You can also connect to social media channels, and content platforms.
Unlike other site builder tools, Ecwid mirrors your online store onto various sites. This lets you sell and promote your products on different platforms. You can quickly integrate your store with Ecwid in a few minutes. You can manage many sites on Ecwid with a centralized dashboard.
The most highlighted features of the Ecwid tool are:
1) SEO Features: Ecwid offers plenty of valuable SEO features. This includes creating and editing Page titles, Meta Descriptions, and Alt text. It automatically generates URLs for your products. These URLs include keywords related to your product title. But, you cannot manually edit or change the URL or redirect in the tool.
2) POS functionality: Point-Of-Sale features of Ecwid let you sell your products offline too. Using POS, you can sell your products in physical locations such as concerts, market stalls, etc.
It syncs all the product information and transaction details from wherever the customer buys the product. Ecwid offers two types of POS functionality:
a) Mobile POS: For Mobile POS, download Ecwid “Sell on the Go” app on your mobile devices. Then, connect it to the Paypal or Square card reader. The Paypal option is available in the US and UK. But the Square card integration works for users in Australia, Canada, Japan, the US, the UK, and Ireland.
b) POS integrations: Ecwid’s advanced POS integrations let you use a wide range of hardware. This includes receipt printers, full-sized card readers, etc.
With these integrations, you can integrate Ecwid with third-party POS systems like Clover, Alice, Square, etc.
3) Payment Gateways: With Ecwid, you can connect around 85 payment gateways. Some of them are Stripe, Paypal, Sagepay, etc. It lets you process credit card payments without any extra charge through Paypal.
You have to pay monthly fees for these payment gateways. Some of them are Country specific so that you can pick the best one depending upon your location.
4) Multi-Language Store Creation: You need a Business or Unlimited plan for this functionality. The tool translates your content into 53 different languages. It detects visitors’ language automatically by analyzing their IP addresses. Based on their location, it suggests the best language for the store.
The tool automatically translates the critical components of your store. This includes social media labels and “add to bag” buttons for your visitors. If you want to use Ecwid for a multi-language WordPress site, you must install a language plugin like Polylang or WPML.
5) Apps and Plugins: Ecwid app store has plenty of apps and plugins for dropshipping and eCommerce. You can choose the right one to integrate and sell your products on different platforms and marketplaces.
6) Tax Calculations: Ecwid automatically applies tax rules based on your visitors’ location and IP addresses. It caters to the EU’s VAT MOSS requirements and applies relevant taxes automatically.
7) Support Features: You get customer support features with Ecwid’s every price plan. It includes live chat, email support, telephonic support, etc.
You also get customization services under its “Business” or “Unlimited” plan.
Ecwid Review: Pricing
There are four plans currently offered by Ecwid, i.e.:
1) Free Plan: You can sell up to 10 products entirely for free under this plan. This plan comes with some basic key features like:
- Discount coupons
- Selling digital products on various sites, etc.
But, you cannot use social media sites like Facebook to sell your products under this plan. You also cannot access SEO features under this plan. This plan is suitable for those merchants who want to explore the tool’s basic features.
2) Venture Plan: Starting at $15/month and $12.5/month when billed annually, this plan allows you to sell up to 100 products. Under this plan, you get some advanced features like:
- Discount Coupons
- Automated Tax Calculations
- SEO tools
- Facebook Advertising
- Selling on multiple sites simultaneously
- Chat support
But, under this plan, you cannot list your products on established marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, etc. Also, it doesn’t allow you to edit existing orders. You have to opt for a Business or Unlimited plan for such functionalities.
3) Business Plan: Starting at $35/month and $29.17/month when billed annually, this plan lets you sell up to 2500 products online for a lifetime. Some of the advanced features of this plan include:
- Selling products on established marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, etc.
- Automated Abandoned Cart Recovery
- Telephonic Support
- Customization Services for 2 hours
- Multi-language features
- Advanced SEO tools
- Product Variations
- Inventory Management
- Covering 1 GB per digital files
4) Unlimited Plan: This plan lets you sell unlimited products starting at $99/month and $82.50/month when billed annually.
This plan includes some advanced features along with all the other features you will get in the business plan. Some of these advanced features include:
- Full POS integrations
- Customization Services for 12 hours
- Priority, Phone, and Chat Support
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Covering 10GB per digital file
Ecwid lets you sell your products online on different platforms with all these features and functionalities. With single Ecwid login, you can manage your store on various platforms. The tool seamlessly integrates your store’s products on many platforms to save your time and effort. One of the best things about Ecwid is its easy-to-use interface and app store. You can choose relevant plugins and apps to integrate your store with multiple marketplaces. Everything can be managed through a single dashboard.
You can set up your account, add products, choose shipping partners, and start selling your online goods in just a few clicks. If you ever get stuck somewhere, you can take help from Ecwid customer support. Millions of reputed eCommerce stores are using it for their growth and sales. So, power your online store with Ecwid and start selling on different marketplaces today. For more queries related to this topic, connect with us in the comments.